Tuesday 15 March 2022

Seasons Greetings!

At last the date that we flyfisherman have been daydreaming about all through the dark cold winter nights has arrived! 
The opening day of the trout fishing season begins today. 
The rods, reels and lines are at the ready, my flyboxes are full and my waders and jacket are  waiting to be picked up from their pegs!
However this year I'm not gonna make it out on opening day as I'm presently locked up in the virtual Covid Jail anticipating my release in the next day or two!
Whilst I frustratingly hang around here waiting on clearance I've been tying flees, reading angling  books, listening to flyfishing podcasts, watching flytying vids and arranging and re-arranging my fishing bag and rucksack! 
As you can imagine I'm sitting here like a coiled spring and will be watching with an envious eye as I watch and read all the reports and pics of opening coming in from friends and acquaintances.
Hoping to make it up to Hillend by the weekend!, fingers crossed! 🤞 
Tight Lines To All!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Up @ Daft O'Clock

It had been a busy old weekend so the last thing I needed was to be up at daft o' clock on Monday morning just to go fishing! However th...