Wednesday 9 March 2022

Geordie McLaren!

After two years of avoiding it, last night I tested positive for covid! 
Therefore those couple of hours I had planned for after work on the opening day of the trout season next week have been scuppered.
I suppose one way of looking at it is that if I'm going to miss a few days of the fishing because of it, the first few days of season is a good compromise.
Anyway enough of my woes.
You may have noticed in my last blogpost that I've been fairly busy at the vice recently in preparation for the season ahead.
Yesterday I had an Idea. 
I believe that the Kate McLaren is probably my most successful trout pattern when fishing wets! I've also had success with the green tailed Kate too!
In order to find a solution on which to chose Ive tyed a pattern combining  both standard and green tail in an Irish George style!
So here we have the Geordie McLaren!!!! 🙂
Once I'm over this virus I'll be looking forward to pulling this through the water at Hillend and beyond! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...