Sunday 6 March 2022

Visit to GAC Open Day!

This weekend saw the return of the very popular GAC open day! 
Today Sunday, I had a drive through to Possilpark in Glasgow to visit Europes largest Angling retail outlet to have a gander at the flytyers row which this year because of covid restrictions I guess,  was somewhat reduced to about 5 tyers! 
Whilst wandering around the aisles I met a couple of work colleagues who were stocking up for the forthcoming trout fishing season at Hillend.
I had a chat with renowned flytyer Paul Little about North Country Spiders and the grayling flies he was tying.
Paul very kindly tied and gave me a simple but very attractive wee grayling flee called "Tommy's Favourite" Paul informed me that the pattern  comes from a book  "Modern Trout Fly Dressing" by Roger Wooley and is contained in the Grayling section. It's a very simple fly which I fancy tying but first I'll need to get my hands on some Macaw wings!! 
One of the main reasons for having a visit along there today was to stop by the Cookshill Flytying Materials stall to stock up on a few quality items. I order from Cookshill regularly online so it was very enjoyable to have a proper browse at their flytying materials in person so to speak!  I'll be busy at the vice tonight and look forward to using the materials from the haul I took home with me today! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie