Thursday 31 March 2022

The Last Chance Fishing Club.

Those who know me know I like a good read especially if its flyfishing and flytying related.
However over the last year or so it's become problematic due to space. I'm running out of shelf space as my collection of angling books has expanded quite considerably.
A few days ago a book was brought to my attention called the "The Last Chance Fishing Club" by Steven J Murgatroyd.
Rather than add it to my overloaded book shelf I opted to acquire the book on my kindle for the super bargain price of £1.99.
I do prefer actual physical books but on this occasion I made a compromise as it's easy to read on my phone and tablet and very handy to dip in an out of whilst having my coffee breaks at work.
This book is a fine collection of articles first published in various fishing magazines and e-zines and is a fantastic and entertaining read on various aspects of flyfishing.
All proceeds from the sales of the book are going towards the Wild Carp Trust. Although I've no real interest in carp, any assistance in the preservation of any type of wild fishing cant be a bad thing.
It was a pleasant surprise and coincidence to notice today on the Fly Culture Magazine social media page and website that the latest Fly Culture  podcast features the author Steven Murgatroyd.
Both the book and podcast are well worth checking out.
If like me you are fisherman who truly believes that there is more to fishing than actual fishing you will most certainly enjoy both the book and the podcast.
You'll find the book @ the usual online outlets and the podcast here @  Fly Culture Podcast or alternatively wherever you get your podcasts from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...