Sunday 25 September 2022

GAC Autumn Open Day!

As the end of the brown trout fishing season is rapidly coming I'm hoping to get out for one last time in the next day or too. 
Today however I  popped along to the GAC open day today mainly to top up on tying materials for the forthcoming dark winter tying nights from the excellent Cookshill  flytying Company.
However I stopped and had a chat with Barry Ord Clark who gave me some useful advice on tying with deer hair and tyed me a deer hair pattern.
It was also  great to meet Alex (Wilkie) Rook who I hadnt spoke with for a  good few years.  Alex used to be a member at  Hillend but fishes all over the world these days and has really made a name for himself in the fly fishing and flytying world.
Alex is a fantastic flyfisher and a pretty decent tyer too and does demos at all the usual shows.
Oh and I also claimed my free cap light!!! 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie